reviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

In My Mailbox ( 1 )

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren
This is my first IMM and I just have to say that it really brings a song to mind...
"Here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me wanna wag my tail.  When it comes, I wanna wail, MAIL!"
Am I twenty-one years old?  Why, yes I am!  Is that song from the kindergarten show, Blues Clues?  You bet!  Do I care at all?  Of course not!
Okay, first In My Mailbox.  I really wanted to do this on Friday, but I never got around to it, so it's a little dated.  These are all the books I got from somewhere a week before Friday.  So here goes nothing.
Bought:
If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern.  I've read a couple of this girl's books, and have most of the rest of them.  This only cost me two dollars.  I love Half Price Books!
Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes.  The only book I've read by her, so far, is Watermelon, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I believe that this goes along with that one, too.  I spent two dollars on this as well.
Maine Squeeze by Catherine Clark.  I have never read any of her books before, but this sounded like a good, happy read, so I figured I'd give it a try.  The book also contains Banana Splitsville.
The Blonde Theory by Kristen Harmell.  Oh, I love Kristen's books.  She's very good at making me smile.  This one seems no different.  Again, only two dollars.

Library:
The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman.  I'm so excited about this book!  Everything about it reminds me of the movie 500 Days Of Summer, which I absolutely love.  I can't wait to let you guys know what I think of it!
Nothing Like You by Lauren Starsnick.  It's funny because I ordered this book into the library and it's the exact same copy I had the last time I had it out.  I don't know why I didn't read it, but now I really want to.
Dirty Little Secrets by C. J. Omololu.  I think that I read in someone's blog that this one was good, so I hopped over to my Library page and ordered it.
Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz.  I just finished Deadly Little Secret this afternoon and I absolutely loved it and all the suspense.  Plus the characters had real heart, and were real funny!  I'll be starting this tonight.


So, there you have it.  All the books that I've gotten in the last week ( plus an accidental two days, which didn't bring anything, anyway. )  I hope you guys all got some good books this week, too!  Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great IMM! I'm jealous.

    I love the birdies on your blog so...

    Reading Lark thinks your blog is super cute so we are sending you the Stylish Blogger award. Click here to learn how to accept and pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andrea
    Oh mu gosh, thank you so much! I'll have it proudly pasted in my blog tomorrow. :) I'm really glad you like my layout so much!

    ReplyDelete