reviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

In My Mailbox ( 4 )

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren
Hello everyone, I hope you've had an awesome week!  I don't have any great excuse for not blogging this week, aside from reading.  So there it is.  I'm a slacker and I apologize.  Now onto all my new books!  I got quite a few this week!
Bought:

I went a little bit crazy on Friday with buying books.  I'm also feeling pretty guilty about it because I have to send a $300 deposit to school to hold my place and my room for September by May 1, aka my twenty-second birthday.  I've got one hundred saved and I was planning on saving another fifty this month, but I kind of spent it on books.  Like the Borders clerk said, "at least you're not buying three rows of coke" and I was like okay, that's true.  Because I spent fifty bucks on three books.  I just about passed out.
Anyway, onward!
I Remember You by Harriet Evans.  I've read one of Harriet's books before and I bought it because the cover had glitter on it.  It was gorgeous.  It wasn't the best book ever, but I did enjoy it, so a few months ago, I got her other two books.  This is her newest book and I think it came out in August or September?  I'm not sure.  It was two dollars at Half Price Books, so I'm feeling pretty awesome about this one.
Delirium by Lauren Oliver.  I wasn't going to buy this book.  I was actually looking for another book because I had a gift card for Barnes and Noble for Christmas and I was totally saving it for Where I Belong by Gwedolyn Heasly.  Well, I've been saving that gift card for forever and I couldn't.  Delirium wasn't with the YA books like I thought it would be, which was so weird.  I thought they hadn't gotten it and at that point, I was thinking our Barnes and Noble sucked.  Anyway, I loved Before I Fall and when I did see it, I had to get it.  Oh and the reason I wasn't going to?  I'd ordered it from the library already.  But I figured, there's a bunch of other people wanting it and I won't get it for months.  I came home to cancel it and it was in transit to my library for me.  Just my luck.
Love, Inc by Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout.  I couldn't resist this book.  I've been waiting for the library to get it in since I heard about it and we just haven't.  I had to get it.  It just looks absolutely adorable.  Right now, it's on my bookshelf, right next to Anna and the French Kiss.  I figured they belonged together with how cute they both look.
Trapped by Michael Northrop.  I felt like I had to get this book because of the Contemps Challenge.  The only book from that challenge that's out that I don't own is The Duff, which is incredible, by the way, because I read it before I even heard of the challenge.  So I got it because of that.  I kind of resent how short it is for eighteen dollars, but I really hope it's worth it.
Across the Universe by Beth Revis.  This book is literally everywhere.  I see it everywhere in the bookstores.  This is the one I bought completely impulsively.  This one, I really don't think I'd ever get from the library.  But, really, I hear it's supposed to be awesome, so hopefully I like it.

Library:



Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors.  When I was able to actually contain myself from buying every book I saw a few weeks ago, I came home and ordered this book from the library.  They only have one copy in the system and it was checked out, but I was the only person to hold it, so I waited it out.  I just started reading it this morning and, so far, it's really good.  It's got Cupid in it, so that's a little different, but interesting anyway.
Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John.  I never really knew anything about this book before I saw we had it at my library.  It sounds super interesting.  It's about this girl who has to try and get this band a gig at her school, but it's hard for anyone to trust that they're good because she is deaf.  I've never read a book where the main character was deaf, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

That's all the books I got this week.  Okay, I got a bunch but I am still feeling slightly guilty.  I'll live, especially when I'm reading them.
Last week, I posted a video of my cat, Lorelai, and I realized that it's actually very hard to see her, do to the fact that she's under my sheet for all but a second of the video, so I decided to post a picture of her for you guys to get a better look at her.

I accidentally cut off her ears in the picture.  She was being hard to photograph, though, so this was the best I could get.  So yeah, that's my pookie bear!
Have a great Sunday, root for the Steelers tonight, and happy reading!
What did you guys get this week?

4 comments:

  1. You got AMAZING books this week. I never heard of Love, Inc & when I read about it, I fell in love. I also added Mad Love & Trapped to my TBR list on Goodreads =D
    And I'm dying to get my hands on Across the Universe.

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these books! Don't worry about spending all your money on books. I do it all the time. :) It's a good thing I work in a bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LaurenI know, I'm so excited I got it! Mad Love is really amusing me. I'm really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @icametoreadHaha, that's what I need to do. Get a job at a bookstore.

    ReplyDelete