reviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

In My Mailbox ( 6 )

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
Before I start my IMM, I just want to say how sorry I am for being slow with everything.  I have a couple of reviews written down that need to be posted and I haven't done Waiting on Wednesday in a few weeks.  I've been slacking.  But I'm going to try to change that.  This is my first blog ever, so if you be patient with me, I'll hopefully make this a really great blog to come and visit!
Okay, on to my books!
Everything I got this week was from the library.  I have no idea how to receive books for review, so that's why I haven't had any yet.
 I'm sorry if any of these books are hard to see, but for some reason, I couldn't figure out how to take a good picture today.  Anyway, this is my haul!
Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane.  I can never remember which blogs I find good books on, because I read so many, but I saw another blogger praising this author, so I ordered in her first book.  It sounds cute and is an adult novel.  Definitely excited to read it.
Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann.  I got this book out for a book club I have on Goodreads which you can find here.  I haven't actually participated in any of the reads yet, but I thought that this one looked good.  Of course, I will probably actually have to read it before the club's start date so I can return it to the library.
A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowlery.  This is another book I found on a blog, but it's not a reading blog.  It's called Portrait Magazine and it has a lot of celebrity and tv show, music kind of things on it.  Anyway, they have book lists and this month featured a list of books featuring music.  Originally published in Australia, A Little Wanting Song intrigued me.  After I saw we had it in the library's system, I had to order it!
Deadly Little Games by Laurie Faria StolarzAhh I love this series!  I've already finished this book and loved it, just like I loved the first two.  Now I just need to get my hands on the next one that's not out yet... If you haven't read the Touch series, you need to.  It's so good.
The Book of Tomorrow by Cecilia Ahern.  Love Cecilia, as you know.  I didn't order this book, it was just there at my library and I couldn't pass it up.  It sounds really good.  It's about a book that tells you what's going to happen tomorrow.  This is also an adult book and I'm looking forward to reading it.
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly.  I have heard nothing but good things about this book, so when I saw it in our young adult section, I had to pick it up.  Another book I cannot wait to read.
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.  This is another book for my Goodreads book club.  I'll actually be able to read it with them on time, I believe, since they're starting March 1.  I haven't read any of this author's books and I hear good and bad about them.  The only thing I want to know is if I can read this one without reading the others first, since it's a prequel?  Anyone who lets me know, I will be eternally grateful to.

Well, those are all the books I got this past week.  Sorry for being late with this, too, but I was out all day yesterday.  We went to see the musical Camelot, which was incredible.  Plus we were so close we could see how much the actors really spit.  Haha, it was great.  Makes me want to read Avalon High by Meg Cabot again.

Oh, and one last thing:



Another signed book!  I love it.
What did you get in your mailbox?
Until next week, happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. You got some good reads! My IMM is Here if you want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this is very late, but you can read clockwork angel without reading the mortal instruments series first.

    PS. Yay for Meg Cabot books! (:

    ReplyDelete