reviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Review: The Ruby Oliver Series by E. Lockhart

I don't have synopsis for all four books rolled into one, so you're just going to have to trust me, or this post would be very, very long.
I cannot even begin to say how much I absolutely adore this series.  Everything about it was perfect- The titles ( The Boyfriend List * 15 guys, 11 shrink appointments, 4 ceramic frogs, and me, Ruby Oliver; The Boy Book ( a study of habits and behaviors, plus techniques for taming them); The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon-and me, Ruby Oliver; Real Live Boyfriends * yes, boyfriends, plural. if my life weren't complicated-I wouldn't be Ruby Oliver. ), the terms ( Ag, roly-poly, Reginald, Mocha Latte ), the boys ( Finn, Hutch, Noel, Gideon, and Jackson ), the best friends and terrible wenches, Dr. Z, her parents, and of course, Ruby Oliver herself.
I started reading this series on Wednesday and I just finished the fourth, and hopefully not final but newest, five minutes ago.  It's 1 am on Sunday morning.  They're not long books, but it was still faster than normal reading.
That's because I love, love, loved these books!  They were so real, with so much feeling that you almost believe you're actually sitting in the room with Roo while she's telling you all about her high school debacles.
Through the whole series, I laughed and cringed and gagged and groaned and sympathized and even cried a little, which really isn't a normal occurrence for me.
What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter who you are, you won't regret it if you pick up this whole series RIGHT NOW. ( and this isn't being posted at 1 am, but even if it was 1 am, I still mean RIGHT NOW! ) Just be sure you don't download this book for free because that really sucks.  If people illegally download it, there won't be anymore books and I really want another book.  You wouldn't download a pizza, would you?  Okay, anyway, don't download it.
These books are perfect.  Read them.  Seriously.  NOW.
( Sorry about being a bully about this, but they are really that good. )
Favorite Line: ( One of, because out of four amazing books, I just can't put them all.  So this one is from Real Live Boyfriends. ) " "Ah, just you wait.  I'll have like Great Danes and pygmy goats and maybe even a baby panda living with me.  That's just what panic does to people if the attacks get bad enough." "

6 comments:

  1. I read the first two soooo long ago! I remember it being such a cute series, though. The covers were adorable, and now I wanna reread them :D
    And I think it's soo cool how you reviewed the entires series in one post. Nice thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lauren
    You absolutely should! It was very good!
    Haha, I figured it would just be easier that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to buy this series last time I was in Tx,
    but my mom wouldn't take me to Borders and stupid Target doesn't have them ):
    But I've read great thinks about E. Lockhart, and she's really funny (well, tweeting)
    and I want to read her boooooooooooks! T_T

    ReplyDelete
  4. @melannie skoob
    Ahhh! You'd definitely appreciate them! Try the library?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books are so great; absolutely hilarious. I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ashley @ Book Labyrinth
    I agree! I hope more people realize how awesome they are!

    ReplyDelete